Corey + Isaiah :: NYC

Corey and Isaiah both worked at a busy restaurant, Balthazar in Soho, NY. They knew each other to say hi to but that was about it. One day, Isaiah was on facebook and something about Corey's reading list intrigued him and he friended her. Just friends.

They got to talking a little more at work and would go to the movies and hang out together. Just friends. Of course.

One time, Corey was home sick, in bed with flu and Isaiah treked almost 2 hours on foot and subway to bring her chicken soup. Just friends. As friends do.

At a late night bar, Corey was singing karaoke with the pianist and Isaiah suddenly thought "I HAVE TO KISS HER" and so as they walked outside he may have done just that.

Shortly afterward Corey was exhausted after a long day at work and she took the train to Brooklyn to meet Isaiah to tell him that they should be just friends. Isaiah was waiting with dinner and an old movie and the light switch went off in Corey's head. They've been inseparable ever since.

Corey and Isaiah live in New York but will be getting married in Maudslay Arts Center in Maudslay State Park in Newburyport, MA and so a lot of communication has been through email. I'm sure Corey won't mind me sharing part of one of her emails a couple of months ago:

"-The wedding is in 93 days and I realized that it's a countdown to marrying my best friend"

I was beyond excited to go to New York a couple of weeks ago to take pictures of these best friends together. I'm trying out a sort of classic/old school processing - let me know what you think by leaving a comment....

The scene of the crime:


At a photoshoot I'll throw out random suggestions like "let's have a little dip" and can I say that if there was a prize for masterful dipping then Isaiah would be the outright winner:


You just KNOW that some couples are right for each other and Corey and Isaiah are totally there. We took the subway from Soho to Times Square and they shared with me their plan to dance throughout their lives and around the world. If you haven't seen this video check it out. Corey laughed about how their children will probably be all "OMG, stop with the dancing pictures" when they're on family holidays together.


In Times Square I noticed the Yahoo sign in the background. Isaiah can't help Yahooooing when he's next to Corey :-)
[I'm switching back to color here because Times Square just seems to belong in technicolor]


I spotted this window at Gap. Corey and Isaiah did "fierce" for me. Thanks guys!


Then we pootled off to Central Park for a little break from the city



Oh, and look what I just uncovered:
Friend n.Word History: A friend is a lover, literally. The relationship between Latin amcus "friend" and am "I love" is clear, as is the relationship between Greek philos "friend" and phile "I love." Frond, the Old English word for "friend," was simply the present participle of the verb fron, "to love." The Germanic root behind this verb is *fr-, which meant "to like, love, be friendly to.




So I think Corey & Isaiah are perfect "just friends" and I can't WAIT for the wedding next weekend!

No comments