Boston Engagement Pictures :: Seaport District and ICA :: Bridget + Matt

Wedding pictures at the Old State House resume tomorrow but I wanted to squeeze in these wonderful engagement pictures in Boston.

Oh where to start. Bridget and Matt are just a hoot. We met for a mini engagement shoot - just 30 minutes - and I don't think I've ever laughed so much. Well, not as much as Bridget and Matt who basically laughed their way through the shoot.


We started in the bar of the Seaport Hotel. Any shoot that starts with a glass of wine is pretty much guaranteed to be fun (although I have a strict no-drinking rule at weddings, an engagement shoot is just as much about getting to know each other as the pictures)

Like a good cocktail Matt was maybe one part hungover and one part nervous but mostly one part pretty crazy about Bridget who was looking rather stunning in her cute green jacket. And these two pictures are my absolute favorites from the day:


I had dinner plans with Mr H and my Mom at Sportello and I knew that Bridget and Matt wanted to shoot somewhere a little quieter so I figured the Institute of Contemporary Arts might be a good location. Can I just say this might be my new favorite and best location for engagement pictures in Boston...


Liking this one:


Check it out. Bridget and Matt's reflections have a little crush on each other:


As we walked back to the hotel I realised I'd been having such a good time with Bridget and Matt that I hadn't even found out how they met. Turns out they were at school together but just friends. A few years later a bunch of them rented a summer house and one thing led to another.

In Matt's words "Bridget was hot. And available" Cue more laughing.
I caught this split second where they managed not to laugh:


I asked about the proposal and Matt explained he'd had all sorts of elaborate plans but ended up proposing at home. To give him full credit he did get down on one knee which involved squeezing himself in next to the coffee table:


Bridget even sent me this little note the day after our shoot: Leah. We had SUCH a fun time with you on Saturday. We couldn't believe how much fun we ended up having =) Thank you so much for making it as painless as possible!!! What a cool spot for pictures. Matt is so psyched you are our photographer as am I, obviously =)!!!

Bridget & Matt - I think I had more fun that you did! Hope you enjoy these preview pictures. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to photographing your wedding ceremony at Trinity Church in Boston and wedding reception in the tent at the Boston Aquarium. Although if we don't get at least one picture with a penguin I might just cry.


Want to see my website? www.LeahHaydock.com
Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/leahhaydock
Email me leah@leahhaydock.com

1 comment

  1. Love these! You totally rocked out at the ICA (of course). I am also hugely jealous of your ability to make beautiful pictures after a cocktail or glass of vino ...

    ReplyDelete