Engagement Pictures in the Snow :: Newburyport, MA :: Stephanie + Mike

Last Saturday I had another winter engagement session in the snow - busy, busy, busy!

I met up with Stephanie & Mike at Maudslay State Park in Newburyport, MA to get them a quick "ten pictures in ten minutes" for their wedding website and save the date. Incidentally, Maudslay was crazy busy with cross-country skiers and snow-shoeing people, I think I might pick up a pair of snow shoes for me and Mr H...


I actually met Stephanie and Mike to talk about photographing their wedding at their home and their dog Louie was going CRAZY when I arrived. I'm cool with dogs; owning two of the most manic lunatic dogs in the world. So Louie was allowed out to say hello. And wouldn't you know it, he settled down quietly at my feet to carefully view the wedding pictures and albums.

Louie came with us on the shoot and I told him if he looked carefully he might see a cat in the lens...


It was freeeeeeeeezing but Mike had some moves to keep Stephanie warm...we're planning a full Spring shoot in Ogunquit the place of the proposal and when I post those pictures in a few months you'll get the full story of how Mike saw Stephanie in a martini bar in Faneuil Hall in Boston and made his moves...


Speaking of proposals, you usually need a ring. And what a ring this is:


Time to take a walk with Louie:


The late morning winter light was rather lovely:


So I just made Mike and Stephanie hang out there on the side of the road for a bit longer:


Oh just one more:


Much laughing, most of it at Louie ;)


This image reminds me of a trip that Paul and I made to Banff years ago, we walked out to some kind of glacier and I nearly died. Minimal risk of that in Newburyport though...


OK Louie, time for your close up. Work it Louie, give me fierce...


Stephanie & Mike - hope you enjoyed your preview pictures. Please pass along my regards to Louie and tell him that he's most welcome at the Ogunquit shoot in the Spring! Your full gallery will follow in just a few days!


No comments