Thinking about Japan



A few years ago I had the opportunity to visit Japan. It's a fascinating country, so different from anywhere else in the world that I have been to. I took the image of the cherry blossom above whilst I was there. It was the most amazing experience, in most part because of the Japanese people who were so incredibly welcoming, kind and generous. From the complete stranger on the train to Kyoto who insisted on sharing her chocolate with us to the old lady in the park who noticed me patiently waiting to take a pictures of a wall and shooed away the teenagers sitting on it to the young man in a store who kindly helped me figure out which coins I needed to use to pay for my soda. Reading the reports and seeing the horrendous video footage on television about the earthquake and tsunami my heart goes out to the people of Japan right now.

I found this post on msnbc on how to help, click **here** to read more. And if you've been thinking about ordering any prints from your wedding or engagement or family pictures go to your online gallery and use the code JAPAN (all capital letters) at checkout to get 20% off your print order. The code is valid for 2 weeks and during this time ALL PRINT PROFITS will be donated to the relief efforts to help Japan. If you can't remember the link for your online gallery or you were a guest at a recent wedding and you'd like to order prints, shoot me an email leah@leahhaydock.com telling me whose wedding you were at and I'll send you the link to the gallery.

1 comment

  1. Hey Leah--Loved this post (and of course the blossoms...truly beautiful). My brother is obsessed with Japan, and I have an aunt who lived there for a couple years. They say something about it just captures you or something. Anyway...I don't know if you got my email or not, but Josh and I would very much LOVE to take you up on your offer, seeing as we about a million times more available now than we were last year. Let me know if you didn't get the email.

    ReplyDelete