Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston :: Wedding Photographer :: Eunis + Jeff (Part I)

October 2011 has been a CRAZY month for weather. Last Saturday I photographed a wedding with SNOW. In October. We also lost power for a few days hence the delay in getting this blog post up but that's another story. Just a few weeks earlier in October the weather was almost TROPICAL for Eunis & Jeff's wedding at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston

Earlier in the week I'd been emailing back and forth with Jeff about rain plans bwah ha ha:



The Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston is one of my favorite hotels in Boston. Paul and I used to stay here when we doing the long distance thing and I've wanted to photograph a wedding here for ever. It's such an elegant and historic building, very "Boston". Eunis & Jeff almost got married in Mexico. I for one, am very happy that they didn't :) Eunis and the girls got ready in a beautiful suite. The awesome Veronica Shin was responsible for the flawless make up:


Over in the guys room, Jeff was definitely the most competent groom with a tie I've seen in a while ;)


These little figures on the left are personalized mini-me's of the groomsmen. Such a great gift. Even funnier was that in order to get the likenesses just right Jeff needed a full and side profile picture of each groomsman. So he told the guys that the photographer (me!) required pictures of the wedding party prior to the wedding ;) I'm sure the groomsmen were dreading meeting me!


Mustn't forget Eunis's perfect Badgley Mischka wedding shoes:


Jeff sent over a thoughtful card (with Eunis's name written in Korean!) with his wedding gift of pearls:


I adore this "tiny hand" picture, Eunis looked so beautiful in her dress:




We walked just outside of the Fairmont Copley for the first look. I love love love it when couples decide to do a first look, it's a longer day for me but there's something about this moment - just the two of them - you can't have this kind of reaction/conversation/kisses and hugs at the top of the aisle when your ceremony is about to start!




I had the ridiculously awesome Johnny Argeudas with me for the day and Johnny took the next two pictures:


Eunis has the most brilliant hug technique. Her arms go up and out and it's like "Here I come! With a hug!"



Off to the Boston Public Gardens. Super fun wedding party. Loving the little pink cardigans on the girls.




You'd like to see the flowers in more detail? Of course!


One last picture of Jeff & Eunis in the weeping willows of the Public Gardens:


Coming up next is not one but two wedding ceremonies! The first at the Church of the Covenant on Newbury St and the second a Korean Tea Ceremony at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston. And then the most beautiful wedding reception (and maybe some photobooth pictures!!!)

Click **here** and hit LIKE on my official facebook page to see sneaky peeks and be alerted when part II and III are live! Also coming up in the next week or so I have engagement shoots in Newburyport, at Bentley College, a family shoot on the beach, Liz & Tim's wedding at Tower Hill and Catherine & Rob's wedding at Church Landing....

1 comment