Boston Public Library Wedding Photographer :: Jessica + Scott (Part II)

aaaaaaand I'm back! Did you miss yesterday's post? If so you need to go check it out right now to see Jessica & Scott's wedding ceremony at the Boston Public Library. Also please pay special attention to Jessica's Jimmy Choo heels - this will prove useful later in this blog post.

So Jessica and Scott are now married - hoorah! We snuck upstairs with the wedding party to take some pictures. It seems only appropriate to get your reading on in the reading room. A most studious wedding party:

Cocktail hour was in full swing with music by The Bob Band:

Couples sometimes ask me "How much time do you want for pictures?" and I explain that the question should really be "How much time do YOU want for pictures?". I'm very conscious that it's your wedding day and not a photoshoot and so I'll work with you figure out how to maximise time for pictures with minimal time away from your party. Jessica and Scott happily ducked out for pictures at various points during the evening which was awesome. In an ideal world I'd have 30-60 minutes with the two of you throughout the day to get some really beautiful and creative portraits (plus it's nice for you to have time alone!) but I've worked with just 10 minutes in the past. Of course then you get less pictures but it's your day not mine!



I loved the flowers and uplighting in the reception room of the Boston Public Library, it's such a beautiful and unusual venue for a wedding. Jessica and Scott made a donation to Autism Speaks in lieu of favors and decorated the tables with peacock feathers:

The new Mr & Mrs. Johnson! Loving Scott's expression here:

Happy first dance:

I adore this picture that Audrey caught of Jessica's grandparents watching their granddaughter dance with her new husband. Audrey has spent the last year assisting me at weddings and operating the photobooth but with shots like these she'll be second shooting a lot more next year :)

Although their wedding was in the relatively formal setting of the Boston Public Library Jessica and Scott really wanted a relaxed party atmosphere for their friends and family so they kept toasts and the various "events" to a minimum. It was awesome - none of the million interruptions throughout the night and just tons of dancing fun! Jessica's dad did a beautiful welcome toast however:

Whilst guests enjoyed the wedding cake AND the fabulous candy bar, Jessica and Scott stole out for another 3 minute picture break:

I normally have a favorite image from each wedding but I'm really struggling to pick just one favorite from this wedding! SO many beautiful pictures of these two, this image in the reading room is definitely in the running!

After I posted part I yesterday I got this email from Jessica:
OMG, dying!! And crying! 
I hope tomorrows blog post contains a section titled "grandma dancing". I am sooooooooooo excited for a picture viewing party! Cannot wait! :-) 

Ask and ye shall receive. Just for Jessica, I present "Grandma Dancing", I believe the the music playing was "Sexyback"

If you read yesterday's blog post you would have seen Jessica's stunning Jimmy Choo wedding shoes. I am somewhat of a shoe fiend myself but I inevitably have to change into flats after a few hours. So I was beyond impressed to see Jessica dancing in them all night. From the time stamp data encoded in the images I can see that Jessica put her shoes on 7 hours before this picture was taken.

Kevin of Good Times Unlimited was the DJ at the wedding, I've worked with Kevin at least 3 times now and he's awesome. Fabulous music and knows how to keep the dancefloor packed without resorting to some of the weird party games played by other DJs.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all for today. I need to go and brave the queue in the store to buy ingredients for the appetizers I need to prepare for tomorrow. Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and families! Oh go on then....one more! Thanks to Matt Grazier who was trapped behind a large iron door to hold my light for this one!

Jessica & Scott - how much fun was this? From our initial drinks in the Oak Bar to rainy day pictures in Newburyport to night time engagement pictures in Boston (featured in Style Me Pretty **here**) to your most amazing wedding. It's been so great getting to know you both. Thank you for trusting me to document your wedding.

Come back on Friday to find out all about a rather special print sale....

No comments