Tupper Manor Wedding :: Editorial Shoot :: Published in Seacoast Weddings

I don't know about you but I know when Paul asked me to marry him, the first thing I did as an engaged person - after calling our families - was run out and buy wedding magazines :)  I'd pore over the pages looking for the perfect dress or color palette inspiration.

One of my favorite wedding magazines is Seacoast Weddings for a number of reasons:
  • Seacoast Weddings publishes all sorts of beautiful real weddings from Boston, MA through New Hampshire and up into Maine
  • Mary Jo is the Publisher/Creative Director and a little while back she presented to a group of Maine photographers about how she chooses pictures for the magazine. Mary Jo spoke about how she's drawn to real moments, happy couples, colorful images with great composition and I really liked her approach
  • Crystal is the Social Media Director and she's always a joy to work with during the submission process
  • There are some extremely well written articles in each issue - so go pick up a copy now!
As you can imagine, I was delighted when they reached out to me last September to see if I'd like to participate in an editorial shoot they were planning with a "Splurge vs. Steal" theme. Wedding planners/designers were partnered with photographers and given free range by editor Cheryl Kimball to put together options for all kinds of budgets.

In case you can't find me in the sea of contributing photographers I added a helpful red star in the style of Perez Hilton ;)

I was super excited to work with Kerianne Steele of Les Fleurs in Andover, MA, I've had the pleasure of working with Kerianne at a number of weddings now and our theme of "Traditional Romantic" gave us lots of options.

It's a huge amount of work to put together a shoot like this - everyone involves donates their time/product/work/venue for free in return for credit/being featured in the magazine - not to mention that September (when we had to shoot) is probably the craziest month for New England weddings so HUGE thanks must go to all of the wedding vendors who made this happen. Check out the list of people involved at the end of this post - insane!!!  I'd say close to 4 days of planning/emailing/pinning/picking up dresses/other random stuff and 1 whole day of shooting went into this, culminating in the pictures on these three pages:

Here's the dream team that made this shoot possible - some of New England's best wedding vendors!
Event planning and design: Kerianne Steele of Les Fleurs
Photography: Leah Haydock
Venue: Tupper Manor at Endicott College, Beverly, MA
Flowers: Kerianne Steele of Les Fleurs
Wedding gowns, veil and accessories: Madeleine's Daughter, Portsmouth, NH
Flower Girl dress: Madeleine's Daughter
Tuxedo: Pure Bliss, Newburyport
Bowtie and pocket handerchief: Nordstrom
Bridesmaid Dresses: Flair Bridesmaid Boutique, Boston, MA
Stationery: Gus & Ruby, Portsmouth, NH
Cake: Erin at Wild Orchid Bakery
Hair: Lena of Hair That Moves
Make up: Joanne of Joya Beauty
Models: Erin Brehm, Stephanie Mandigo and Shawn Sweeney for Maggie Inc
Video: Megan and Mia of Long Haul Films
Rentals: Peterson Party CenterTommy Wholesale Rental
Linens: Peterson Party Center
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Petal Purse: Sondra Roberts at Nordstrom
Sparkle Purse: J.Crew
Maine Syrup and wooden spreader: Maine Pantry and Maine Pottery Group

But wait!!! It's not over yet!!! The Seacoast Wedding team chose so many beautiful pictures but there were even more!!! Here are some of my favorites.

Samantha & Whitney of Gus & Ruby designed this beautiful letterpress stationery suite in soft pink - love!

Tupper Manor and the team (esp. Christina!) were awesome giving us access to their beautiful North Shore wedding venue -  the elegant lobby, the stunning ballroom and the private beach for the shoot. Elizabeth - Owner at Madeleine's Daughter was so generous with wedding gowns, accessories, flower girl dresses and veils, I drove home from the store very aware of my precious cargo of $20k worth of dresses!

We had the most amazing models from Maggie Inc. they were prompt, professional and a lot of fun. It was a fairly chilly fall day and Erin and Stephanie were troopers in their strapless gowns. Here's Erin and Shawn with some "splurge" swarovski crystal mustaches:

A romantic bouquet:

What's more of a splurge than mini champagne bottles for all of your guests? A huge shout out goes to Stacey and Lindsay from Flair Bridesmaids on Newbury St, they loaned us the most beautiful pink, gray and champagne bridesmaids dresses for the shoot. 

Did I mention that Tupper Manor has a private beach? I did? Whatever. Tupper Manor has a private beach. You should check it out. 

My adorable Goddaughter Chloe was our flower girl:  

Peterson Party Rental provided champagne linens and gold rimmed glassware and Kerianne designed the most beautiful and romantic tablescape:

I wish I had a scratch and sniff kind of blog so you'd get to experience the fragrance of the roses:

Lena of Hair That Moves was our hairstylist for the day. When I'm talking to a couple about their wedding pictures and they say "We trust you, just do what you think is best!" it makes me smile inside. So on shoots like this I like to trust my fellow vendors. When Lena asked if we had a specific hair style in mind, Kerianne and I replied "Traditional Romantic - just go for it!"

Lena said she was inspired by Kate Middleton and I adore this updo, I want to grow my hair 12 inches and get married again just so I can do this :) Loving the hair accessories from Madeleine's Daughter:

Joanne of Joya Beauty was our make up artist extraordinaire, our direction was "Work your magic Joanne!" Obviously when you have a model as beautiful as Erin it's not a difficult job but I love how Joanne used subtle color to make Erin's eyes pop:

As if all of that awesomeness isn't enough for you we had the amazing, the phenomenal, the incomparable Long Haul Films team on hand to capture the behind the scenes. Megan and Mia filmed their hearts out and also got to experience my awkwardness in front of the camera ;) I can't tell you how much I love this little video - you should totally watch it. Kerianne does an amazing job of narrating :)  


That's it for now _ I have a ton of other "published" blog posts to write but this stupid blizzard is incoming and I have a wedding in Boston on Saturday. So I'm rallying the troops, contingency planning and probably camping out in Boston tomorrow to avoid any traffic issues on Saturday...if I have wifi tomorrow I might put some more up :) Stay warm and safe!!!

No comments