Boston Engagement Pictures in Beacon Hill :: Libby + Blake

Good morning! The third blog post of Boston engagement pictures in as many days! I'm off to NYC for an engagement shoot tomorrow and then another in Newburyport on Wednesday night. I really enjoy engagement sessions - I get to know each couple a little better, they get to see how I work and once they see the pictures they totally relax on the wedding day as they know they're going to look amazing!

Libby and Blake decided to have pictures in Beacon Hill and the Boston waterfront with a little detour via the Boston Public Gardens. They wanted a "Boston" feel to their pictures but they weren't hung up on location which is awesome.

Engagement pictures are very much about the two of you, the backgrounds and locations are definitely secondary. I'm always looking for great light, providing just enough direction so that the couple feel relaxed and then waiting for just the right moment to make the image. In one of our emails back and forth about location Libby said "We totally trust you!" which is possibly the best thing you can say to your photographer :) We started out on Acorn Street - the most photographed street in Boston!

We then proceeded to wander around the area stopping whenever I saw something that interested me - like this little hidden garden:

If I were to name this image it would be "Libby & Blake - upside down in a puddle"

I refer to this shot as the "Mom shot" with my couples (it's always the one that parents and grandparents order to hang on the wall). I'm all about making modern, elegant images where my couples look amazing but I think an old school portrait still has its place :)

The cobbled streets and brownstones of Beacon Hill are quintessential Boston:

With a quick outfit change we then headed over to the Waterfront area, the late evening light was simply perfect. So perfect I thought I'd take a little portrait of Libby and Blake alone:

Libby and Blake are SO much fun and just so great together.

Interesting steps at the ICA:

The sun was setting and that meant our shoot was over but I had to take one more with the city in the background.

Libby & Blake - I hope you like this handful of my favorite pictures! Lots more to follow. I am beyond excited for your wedding at the Colonnade Hotel, Boston (one of my all time favorite venues)!!!

No comments