Boston Engagement Pictures :: Courtney + Mike

Hello! Did you miss me? It's been over a week since I last blogged AND it's the middle of wedding season! I've lost count of how many weddings I turned down for the weekend of August 24th as it was Paul's birthday so when he had to go to Amsterdam for work I figured I'd take a mini European break. I've spent the last few days eating french fries with mayonnaise (seriously - try it), drinking wine and people watching on the canal banks and finding out that Dutch people are super friendly (especially the elderly lady who helped pull my bicycle off me when I took a minor spill).

Anyhow, enough about me. I have two engagement sessions coming up along with Katie & Joel's wedding at the Colonnade and I'm all rested and raring to go for Emily & Mike's wedding at the Boston Harbor Hotel this weekend! So let's get to it.

Courtney & Mike are up first - mostly because they're getting married in 15 days and thanks to all of the storms we've had this year we were lucky to squeeze this one in! We started in the Boston Public Gardens:


The Merriam-Webster dictionary define the word "woo" as to sue for the affection of and usually marriage with. I mention it as Mike definitely wooed Courtney :)

Courtney and Mike briefly dated each other's roommates so at first it looked like they'd only ever be friends but Mike was convinced there was something there. So he slowly and carefully wooed Courtney. He helped her with a little car trouble, brought her flowers, sent little notes...




There's a lot of laughing with these two around:


If you're in Beacon Hill it's only polite to take a picture on the most photographed street of Boston:

As if the wooing wasn't enough, just wait until you hear about the proposal which frankly sounds like something out of a movie and makes me want a proposal do-over. Imagine a hayride in a picture perfect apple orchard. Mike hands his cell phone to another apple-picker and tells him "to take lots of pictures". Courtney gets ready to smile for a quick picture to find Mike down on one knee with an engagement ring in a wooden apple.

We spotted this perfect secret garden on our way out of Beacon Hill:
After a quick outfit change (handy hint, leave your clothes hanging in the car or tip a hotel concierge well to hold them for you - you don't want to carry around a big bag of clothes plus they'll get all crumpled) we went over to the waterfront area:
Yup, in just 15 days these two will be getting married and celebrating in the stunning barn at the Red Lion Inn, Cohasset, MA:
Just a handful of my favorites! Courtney & Mike - thanks for being so ridiculously easy to photograph!!! I hope you like them! Make sure to "like" Leah Haydock Photography on Facebook to be the first to see sneak peeks of the wedding in just a few weeks!

No comments