Engagement Pictures on the Beach and Newburyport, MA :: Arianne + Roger

Do you remember Arianne & Roger and the story of how they met?

Last time you saw them we were in the depths of winter in Boston **here** and it was soooo chilly that we planned a quick spring shoot and it came around so quickly! Arianne was home for spring break from medical school this week and as luck would have it we had a perfect blue sky day for our beach shoot. It seems somewhat ironic as we currently have 6 inches of snow on the ground...


The best time of day for pictures is usually a couple of hours after sunrise or before sunset - you get beautiful soft golden light (bear this in mind if you're planning an outdoor wedding ceremony - noon makes it kind of tough!) but I think it's all too easy to play "safe" and only shoot in open shade. The sun can be your friend ;)


And after 5 months of snow and rain and winter boots and wellingtons do you know how happy I was to see Arianne & Roger's matching sneakers! Love!!!


Do you see what I mean about embracing the sun? Arianne - I can't wait to photograph you as a bride! I think I'm almost as excited as Roger to see you in your wedding dress!


Roger looking pretty sharp too:


I really love this picture, might be my favorite from the shoot:


If I had to give each picture a name I'd maybe call it "safe" or "secure"...


I asked Arianne & Roger if they'd like to go to Newburyport for a little while and Arianne was all "ooooh - would there be any hot chocolate?!"


Arianne & Roger are officially adorable:


The old-fashioned gas lamps in Newburyport lit up with perfect timing:


And then it was time to go home (via Joppa Fine Foods for me to stock up on yummy cheese and wine!). Arianne & Roger - I hope you enjoy these little preview shots - lots more to come and I can't wait until your June wedding!

If you'd like to see my website you can click here: www.LeahHaydock.com
You can be my friend on facebook: www.facebook.com/LeahHaydock
I occasionally tweet (in fact - those little updates at the top of my blog come from twitter): www.Twitter.com/leahhaydock
Or send me an email if you'd like to schedule your own spring engagement pictures or chat about your wedding plans at leah@leahhaydock.com

4 comments

  1. LOOOOVE the image of them on the swing! What a great spring session, those blue skies are gorgeous! Hopefully they'll be back before July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah - Yet again, you've managed to capture our true happiness. You are a master at your craft. Although the sun was out, it was still pretty chilly but we had a GREAT time!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for 6/11/11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!! did I mention it was gorgeous?! Looking forward to seeing this adorable on their wedding day! Great shots as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection of images - very original

    ReplyDelete