Engagement Pictures in Christopher Columbus Park in Boston :: Amanda + Danny

Amanda and Danny have been patiently waiting for their engagement pictures as I gadded about in Switzerland trying to track down the site of the Bachelor proposal so I could see if Courtney or Lindzi would be "winning". Alas, I couldn't find a helicopter in time so I had to wait until I was back in the US to watch it on TV with everyone else. I will admit that "after the final rose" I did feel about 7% sorry for Courtney, it must be hard to have so many people love to hate you...

Anyway, back to Amanda and Danny who didn't have to go on a reality show to find love. No, they met whilst they were at the University of Notre Dame, they were both heads of their dorms and were thrown together on a team-building retreat. The first time they set eyes on one another was during a rope tying and climbing exercise. Who'd have thought just a few years later that they'd be tying the knot? Do you see what I did there? Yup..ok...I'll stick to taking pictures and not making up lame jokes :)

Danny proposed to Amanda at Christopher Columbus Park right on the Boston Waterfront so we figured we'd start and end this mini-engagement shoot there:



It was fairly chilly and windy out. I am really dying for spring to arrive...




Although I have a strict no-drinking policy at weddings, I'll break the rules at engagement shoots. So we stopped into the rather awesome bar at the Fairmont Battery Wharf to wait for the sun to go down and for the twinkly lights to come out:


Danny proposed on a cold December day when Christopher Columbus park was all lit up like this. He then surprised Amanda with a dinner attended by both families :)


Thanks to the awesome Shang Chen who came along to hold my light for 10 minutes to get some night time pictures, we even managed to crash another proposal which you can see **here**


Amanda & Danny - thank you for braving the cold and wind. I'm so looking forward to your wedding at the State Room in November!!!

No comments