Rockport Art Association Wedding Photographer :: Beth + Frank (Part II)

Hola! As Hurricane Sandy approaches I am blogging like a...crazy blog monster?...to bring all sorts of wedding awesomeness to you before the power gets cut and my internet goes down..so without further ado let's get to part II of Beth & Frank's wedding at Rockport Art Association. It's been YEARS since I photographed a wedding at RAA and it was a delight to be back :) If you missed part I of this wedding then you need to click **here** right now!

Beth and Frank are such an awesome couple. I originally met with just Beth as Frank couldn't get out of work and we had a lunch meeting that totally felt like lunch with an old friend. When I got home from their wedding I had a slightly achy face from smiling behind my camera all day :)

We took a little walk down to the ocean before cocktail hour:

The wedding party joined us. It would be rude not to get a picture with buoys and lobster traps in Rockport right?  Fun fact - although pronounced boo-ey in the US, they're pronounced boy in the UK. You say potato, I say potato, you say zucchini, I say courgette :) 

Motif Number 1 is the "most often painted building in America" so we took a picture there too :)

As we headed back to the Rockport Art Association I asked Beth to pull her veil over her face for a picture. This is one of my top five favorites from the day:

Loving this one too:

The awesome Jen of Aphrodite Wedding Photography took the next picture - love it! A long time ago, Beth and Frank used to live in Rockport and they would regularly walk past the Rockport Art Association. They didn't ever dare to go in thinking it would be too expensive not realizing that admission was free. Frank also said that they chose RAA in part due to the awesome dancefloor and life size nude statue :)

Beth and Frank's entrance and first dance was all kinds of sweet moments and choreographed awesomeness and here's just one to tease you :) Frank had some crazy moves to impress Beth....

Beth & Frank's friends and families sat down for dinner...

  ...catered by Vinwood Catering. I've mentioned this before but believe me - no one decides to be a wedding photographer for the food. I regularly encounter sad sandwiches/cold leftovers served at the same time as the cake cutting/parent dances (i.e. I can't eat as I'll miss key moments of your day) despite caterers charging my couples for a full vendor meal. This never happens with Vinwood - they have the most professional staff, stunning food presentation and most importantly yummy food. And they totally get that I've been usually been working for 6+ hours and need to grab something quick to eat so I can be ready to photograph the rest of the evening...and if they're nice to me, imagine how awesome they are with your guests!

Anyhoo, enough about food. Let's get back to the good stuff. Namely fabulous toasts and blessings from Beth & Frank's siblings and Rev. Mark:

Happy newlyweds: Let them eat cake!

Parent dances:

We snuck out for a couple of twilight-y/night time pictures:

Peter of Good Times Unlimited DJ'd the wedding. Dave, Kevin, Peter and team are my go-to recommendations when you're looking for awesome DJs to keep the dancefloor packed without any crazy games/excessive announcements...

Vendor List:
Ceremony: St John's Episcopal Church, Beverly, MA
Reception Wedding Venue: Rockport Art Association, Rockport, MA
Uplighting: Boston Uplights, North Reading, MA
Catering: Vinwood Catering, Ipswich, MA
Cocktail hour music: Gerry Johnston 
Photography: Leah Haydock Photography
Wedding Gown: Pronovias at Madeleine's Daughter, Portsmouth, NH
Bridesmaid Dresses: The Dessy Group (Lela Rose Bridesmaid)
Wedding Stationery: Bella Figura, Syracuse, NY
Flowers: Audrey's Flower Shop, Gloucester, MA
Hair: Samantha at Radiance Aveda, Salem, MA
Makeup: Ligia at MakeoversByLigia
DJ: Peter of Good Times Unlimited
Favors: Journey of the Bee Collection, Travel Tin


One last picture.... Beth & Frank - you're married!!!! Hoorah!!! I am so so happy that I got to photograph your engagement, rehearsal and wedding day. I couldn't imagine a couple more meant to be together and I wish you a lifetime of love, laughter, health and happiness.

No comments