Boston Harbor Hotel Wedding Photographer :: Amanda + Mike (Part II)

Did you miss yesterday's getting ready/details/first look and Ketubah signing wedding pictures at the Boston Harbor Hotel? Quick!!! Don't wait another minute, click **here** to catch up!

We start today's post at the Boston Harbor Hotel Wharf Room for the wedding ceremony of Amanda and Mike:

Cantor Robin Sparr was the officiant for the beautiful ceremony incorporating nods to both Amanda and Mike's heritage along with very personal vows. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Although it ended up being an absolutely beautiful day there were storms and rain in the weather forecast and so cocktail area was held in the rotunda (the space directly above the iconic arch of the Boston Harbor Hotel). Guests arrived to music from New England String Quarter accompanied by wine and oysters.

How many members of a wedding party can you fit into an elevator before the buzzer goes off? Answers on a postcard please...

During cocktail hour I realized I could look directly down through the top of the arch to the ground below which got me thinking...this next image might just be my favorite from 2012:

One of the great things about doing a first look is that you get to enjoy cocktail hour with your friends and family:

The Wharf Room at the Boston Harbor Hotel is my new favorite Boston wedding venue. As a photographer it's a beautiful space with lots of photographic opportunities. Beautiful flowers by Madison Floral:

The newlyweds entered and went straight into their first dance:

Hava Nagila (which translates as "Let us rejoice" by the way) was sung in the most amazing fashion by Night Shift. I get to see a LOT of wedding bands and Night Shift blew my mind - phenomenal!!!


And this image is Audrey's - love it!

Awesome toasts involving stories about Amanda's shoes and Mike's band days ;) were followed by cake cutting:

Amanda danced with her father and Mike danced with his stepmother and with that the dancefloor was well and truly opened:

Here's another of Audrey's pictures:

We snuck outside for a few night time pictures. Amanda and Mike were given some very "interesting"l advice from an intoxicated passer-by who was swiftly moved along. It's a good thing there is no sound on these pictures ;) Speaking of sound and moving pictures, I have to give a shout out to Jim of Boston Wedding Films. Regular blog readers might notice that it's rare that I give out a shout out to videographers/cinematographers. After 5 years of photographing weddings I can count the number of video peeps I would recommend on one hand - I might need to add another thumb ;) as I would happily recommend Jim who is fabulous to work with!

I've had so much fun working with Amanda and Mike, they are so obviously happy together and an absolute delight to get to know. As soon as they returned back from their honeymoon I received this lovely note from Amanda:
We are back from Hawaii and getting settled in at home, and I just want to thank you for your incredible work on our wedding day!! We had an absolutely amazing day and it was made even more wonderful by having you and Audrey there to capture everything for us!!  It was such a whirlwind and it will be the best finale to all of it to have your photos to see it unfold and see everything we missed!  You were so calm and efficient, and everyone commented on how great you were during the marathon family photos! Thank you for all of your hard work, and for your advice and help during wedding planning. 
Have I mentioned how much I love that I get to call this work?!?!?

Amanda & Mike - I'm almost sad it's all over but then I'm so happy for you both, you make such a wonderful couple and you had the most fantastic wedding day! Thank you for trusting me to photograph it all for you! It's been a blast! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness together...

Vendor List
Boston Wedding Venue: Boston Harbor Hotel
Officiant: Cantor Robin Sparr
Photography: Leah Haydock Photography
Cinematography: Boston Wedding Films - you can check out their awesome video **here**
Ceremony/Cocktail Hour Music: NE String Quartet
Reception Music: Night Shift 
Florist – Madison Floral
Wedding Rings: Katz Jewelry Co
Hair: Jennifer Tawa Hair Design
Make Up: Elizabeth Moon
Wedding Dress: Allegria Bridal
Bridesmaid Dresses: La Sposa Bridal
Groom: The Andover Shop
Wedding Stationery: Arlene Cronk, Invitations & Co
Cake: Boston Harbor Hotel

One last picture, unprompted by me, Mike decided to bust out some mad dipping skills:


1 comment

  1. Leah, that flag/dancing photo is amaaazing! The detail of the bride's shoes and dress during the hora also made me grin.

    ReplyDelete