Quabbin Reservoir Engagement Pictures :: Mary + Mark

Mary and Mark are getting married next month - what?!? Where does the time go? They decided they'd like to get some pictures at the Quabbin Reservoir which is just minutes from their home. One of the unexpected perks of being a wedding photographer is that you get to see all of these amazing places that maybe you wouldn't otherwise see. 

I met them at their home because who wouldn't want to see Maya the dog and sadly dogs are not allowed at the Quabbin. 










I like getting to meet couples in their home. I asked Mary and Mark what they'd usually be doing on a sunny fall afternoon and they said there was a good chance they'd sit outside and maybe have a beer. So we did that. Maya was unimpressed :)



Don't you wish fall would last longer? The leaves on the ground, the crisp feeling in the air, the pumpkin beer...

Before we left to take pictures at the Quabbin Reservoir, Maya was eager to demonstrate her tricks. I was most impressed. If I attempted to balance a treat on the noses of Coco or Tiger Woods I would likely lose a finger.






If you're not familiar with the Quabbin Reservoir, it's the largest inland body of water in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and was built between 1930 and 1939 (by flooding a number of towns). Today along with the Wachusett Reservoir, it is the primary water supply for Boston, some 65 miles (105 km) to the east, as well as 40 other communities in Greater Boston. Mary is a school teacher and told me all about the stories told about "the thirsty city of Boston" :)


I photographed Mary and Mark way back when in the winter as they needed some pictures for their save the day. It was nice to be out in non-blizzard conditions.


We risked triple E and ticks to hike up to this field. The grass was so long that you could barely see Mary and Mark where they stood. So we figured they'd have to get higher to be seen ;)


I have a week of vacation planned for the end of October (my boss is really mean and won't let me take more time ;) and I was talking to Mary and Mark about where we're considering going. They suggested heading west to the Berkshires as Tanglewood is a favorite of theirs. It was actually at Tanglewood that Mark proposed. They had tickets to see Train and as the song "Marry Me" started to play Mark asked Mary that very question.


In a weird coincidence, when Train played "Marry Me" at the AMAs a few years ago they used wedding pictures I'd taken in the background - you can see them **here**


Mary & Mark! 51 days to go! Thank you for the pumpkin beer and for introducing me to the Quabbin Reservoir! I'll see you soon!

No comments