Wedding at Willowdale Estate :: Linda + Tom (Part III)

After the incredibly personal, amusing and moving ceremony that you can read about HERE if you missed it, I'd like to share some Willowdale Estate wedding photographs from the reception.

First of all, why not enjoy Linda & Tom's signature cocktail as you nibble on delicious passed appetizers and help yourself to the cheeses, fruits, and pates in the library and the parlor:

And although the cake cutting will be coming up shortly, I thought you might like to see it in one piece, loving the little butterflies which were a theme throughout the wedding:

I believe it's customary to kick off the reception with a first dance from the newly married couple and who am I to break with tradition:

The great hall at Willowdale is such a beautiful setting and you have the balcony to get a different perspective in your pictures. Linda's Stepfather Mike gave the blessing:

And then on to the toasts. First up was Best Woman, Michele. Not only is Michele a good friend of mine (she referred me to Tom & Linda), she was also responsible for introducing Tom & Linda through ski club. And to top it off she gave one of the best toasts I have heard all year!

With an opening line of "Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman"...a beautiful tribute to how happy Linda and Tom have made one another...and the closing line of "Linda & Tom, I hope all of your ups and downs are only ever between the sheets" she had everyone laughing, tearing up and then laughing some more!

And here are Linda & Tom's reactions during Michele's toast:

Linda's sister, Mary Jo and father, Bill then toasted the happy couple and were rewarded by big hugs:

This picture of Tom dancing with his sister, Jenna just kills me:

And then it's cake time, Derrick from Morin Photography was second shooting for me and got this lovely shot from the balcony, I especially like the friends and family paparazzi you can just see at the bottom of the picture:

Here's the ski club crew, these guys and gals know how to party:

Full vendor list at the end of this post but I have to take a minute to rave about the band that played. JavaJive is composed of Tom, Chuck and Don. Just three guys (very smart in their tuxedos), but if they were playing behind a screen you would swear that they had maybe 7 or 8 people playing. It was amazing to watch them switch from singing, playing the keyboards, grabbing a trumpet or trombone within seconds. Chuck managed to sound uncannily like a young Michael Jackson for "Don't stop 'till you get enough" and then minutes later he's rocking out "Let's get it started" by the Black Eyed Peas - just amazing! If I was getting married again, these guys would be top of my list to call. The dance floor was packed tight all night with everyone having such a great time.

Linda and Tom congratulate themselves on their choice of band and most importantly choice of spouse:

As the night drew to a close, the band announced the last dance; Linda took Tom's hand and walked over to the microphone. Guests were cheering and clapping in anticipation - I'd like to say I timed this shot to go off with the camera flash opposite but that would be lying:

And then Linda sang "Last Dance" by Donna Summer and she OWNED it! Tom was dancing away and his expressions when she sang "because when I'm bad, I'm so so bad" were priceless!

And that's the end of my blog post on Linda & Tom's fabulous wedding at Willowdale Estate - are you sorry it's over? I am.
Linda & Tom - I applaud you for planning such an amazing celebration for your friends and family from the signature drinks to the mini-burgers and to thoroughly enjoying your wedding, I don't think you were ever apart from each other - always kissing, hugging and dancing! Congratulations and thank you for choosing me to document your day.
And now the excellent vendors:
Ceremony & Reception: Willowdale Estate
Dress: Mon Amie in Costa Mesa, CA
Make-up: Katie Matthias at Chanel at Nordstrom, Northshore Mall
Bride's hair: Amy Graciale, Incognito Revealed, Swampscott, MA (including placement of the beautiful little feather headpiece)
Bridesmaid's hair: Updos by Ann Jenkins 617-719-2084 (I was so excited when I arrived to see Ann, this is the second time I've worked with her, she's incredibly talented and super nice)
Wedding coordinator: Jessica at socialbutterflyinc@gmail.com, 978-210-6855
Flowers: Elaina Berry at Mokara Flowers
Band: http://javajiveband.com/ 781.329.6600 Seriously call them if you're looking for a band, they were awesome!
And don't be shy if you're reading this! Click on the link below called "view comments for this post" and leave Tom & Linda some love! Hint: Choose "name/url" from the drop down box called "Comment as"and just type in your name (you don't need to complete the url box)

No comments