Indian Pond Country Club Wedding, Kingston, MA :: Caitlin + Micky (Part III)

Happy Sunday! If you need to catch up on the details of Caitlin & Micky's wedding you can find them **here** and their first look and some relaxed family pictures **here**

We're back at St Christine's Church in Marshfield, MA for their wedding ceremony:


The choir were singing to welcome the arriving guests:


Caitlin walked down the aisle with her father looking straight at Mickey:


And then they held hands all the way through the ceremony:


It was completely dark outside and we had just the lights above the altar to see by. It's times like these when I love my Nikon D3s even more for it's "seeing in the dark" capabilities. This was shot at ISO 4000 f/2.8 1/160 (but it's nice knowing I have ISO 102,400 capabilities if I really need it):


Rings were exchanged:


And by the power vested in me by the state of my blog, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride:


A quick note about the picture above, the shot on the right was taken by my superb second shooter Julia Snider. Unless it's a teeny tiny wedding then I almost always have an assistant/second photographer for help with my lighting/equipment/a second perspective and most importantly to keep me supplied with diet coke ;)

Julia (headshot photographer extraordinaire) probably photographed about 65% of my 2010 weddings with me and so she's gotten used to my idiosyncrasies and how I work. Poor Julia!

For example, in the shot above Julia correctly anticipated that I'd be in the aisle for "the kiss" so I could get a shot of Caitlin & Micky as they recess back down the aisle. Hence she quietly made her way over to the side of the church to get her angle. Good stuff - in fact - I feel a blog post on second shooting coming up in the future - any interest?

And although I posted yesterday mentioning my new plan to blog on a regular schedule (leave comments please!) I've got SO many wonderful pictures I'm catching up on I think it'll be an everyday kind of week. Here's the schedule for what's coming up:
- Caitlin & Micky's Wedding Reception at the amazing Indian Pond Country Club in Kingston, MA.
- Neeta & Rich's "trash the dress" session
- Arianne & Roger's winter engagement pictures in Boston.
- Jen & Wiktor's wedding at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury, MA.
- Caitlin & Peter's engagement photographs in the snow in the Boston Public Gardens.
- Ten pictures in ten minutes for Meg & Dave.

And then maybe I'll have time to do some kind of 2010 review...

2 comments

  1. I'm so excited for the upcoming posts! I also really love that since I've been following your blog for over a year now (since Corey and Isaiah, of course!), I'm about to see the wedding photos of folks I got to "know" from your lovely engagement photos! So exciting! (ps, I think Mon, Wed, Fri sounds like a lovely plan - something to look forward to at the beginning of the work week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, Leah! I especially like the one in the dark church that highlights Caitlin and Micky. The Cinderella sunset shot from your last post is also amazing! The couple looks incredible.

    If I had to vote, I'd say M/W/F. I tend to check your blog in the morning while I'm drinking my tea.

    ReplyDelete