Taj Boston Wedding :: Leah Haydock Photography :: Lauren + James (Part III)

Warning - this is a very picture heavy toast! So go and grab a coffee, glass of wine, cold beer while the pictures load, heck - make yourself some popcorn and then come on back.

A quick recap (click on the blue text in the titles below if you missed these posts):
Lauren and James met at Bentley University and we went back for their engagement pictures
Everyone got ready at the Taj Hotel Boston, James had a scotch and Lauren put on her Vera Wang Dress and Jimmy Choos
There was a wedding ceremony at Church of the Covenant on Newbury St in Boston, MA and then wedding pictures in the Public Gardens

Finally! It's time for the wedding reception pictures at Taj Boston Hotel!

Bella Floral Design made the beautiful centerpieces, the bouquets and boutonnieres. You'll notice the French theme continued with little "Merci" ribbons on the favors, a French martini signature drink, more French lace on the personalized wedding menus along with the occasional nod to Bentley University where James and Lauren studied and met one another:


Lauren and James entered the Grand Ballroom of the Taj Boston and went straight into their first dance to Moondance by Van Morrison:

A lot of people "liked" the sneak peek pictures of the toasts and cake cutting on my facebook page and a few asked specifically about the lighting/set up. I very much write my blog for my couples but I promised I'd provide some details when I blogged them so if you're not a photographer feel free to skip this little paragraph of text.

[For most wedding receptions I want to light my subjects but retain the romantic ambient feel of the wedding venue and/or show off the candlelight/uplighting etc. I'm not a big fan of pictures that look like someone turned on all the lights or as if the reception is in a dark cave! I usually set up four flashes off-camera (I use Nikon SB900s triggered with Pocket Wizards on light stands). They're placed around the room in a clockwise manner so I know which flash is on which channel (I have each flash on a separate channel or sometimes two each on a channel). I have one on-camera flash usually dialed down a little with a fifth Pocket Wizard to trigger the off-camera flashes. My Nikon D3s camera is set to a fairly high ISO (2000-4000 for most of these pictures), my lenses are wide open (f/1.4 or f/2.8 for shallow depth of field) and my shutter speed is fairly slow (to add in the warm ambient light), most of these pictures were shot at 1/40-1/100th of a second. Does that answer the question? :) ]

Back to pictures :)

Best Man Andrew opened with a witty and thoughtful toasts and Maid of Honor and Lauren's sister Marissa made everyone gently wipe their eyes as she spoke so highly of Lauren and James:

James danced with his mother:

Lauren and James had the band announce that all Bentley Alumni should make their way to the dance floor for a group picture. But there was someone missing....Flex the Falcon! Bentley's very own mascot came to celebrate with the newlyweds!

It made me giggle to see Lauren and James sneak back to their table for an extra bite of wedding cake:

Manhattan Touch did the most AMAZING job, I've had the pleasure of hearing them at three weddings previously and they're just so good:

We ducked out to the Public Gardens for 5 minutes of night time pictures:

Our arrival back was perfectly timed for the opening of the candy bar:

Who doesn't love a mini slider burger after dancing?

Lauren and James chose many of Boston's Best Wedding Vendors (in my humble opinion!)
Wedding Ceremony: Church of the Covenant, Boston, MA
Officiant: Rev. Enid Watson
Wedding Reception Venue: Taj Boston (Monique and her team were fabulous!)
Wedding Photography: Leah Haydock Photography
Wedding Film: Long Haul Films (love love love these guys! The Improper Bostonian agrees having just voted them the BEST wedding films in Boston!)
 Hair and Make up: Rachael Berkowitz (Rachael and her team were awesome. All of the girls looked flawless right up until the end of the night)
Flowers: Bella Floral Design (Lauren's bouquet had the most amazing perfume)
Band: Manhattan Touch (this was the fourth wedding I've been at with Manhattan Touch and they are phenomenal, you are guaranteed a packed dancefloor!)
Favors: Dante Confection 
Wedding Dress: Vera Wang (the last 3 weddings I have photographed at have featured wedding dresses with straps, sleeves and/or little bolero jackets. Is it the end of the strapless dress? Maybe!)
Wedding Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Bridesmaid Dresses: Bill Levkoff at Bride n' Belle
Groom's clothing: Own/Personal Tailor
Groomsmen's clothing: Classic Tuxedo
Wedding Cake: Taj Boston
Wedding Stationery: Heidi Jimenez of Zenadia Designs (Lauren and James loved working with Heidi and all of the wedding paper goods were seriously beautiful)
Wedding Rings: Artinian Jewelry

 Did you enjoy that? I did! Lauren and James - I can't begin to tell you how much of a pleasure it was to work with you both. You've been so excited about the whole wedding planning process but more importantly it's been a joy to see how excited you both are to simply be married. It was an honor to document your wedding day, I hope you enjoy the pictures! One last image...

I'm taking a day off from blogging tomorrow (Friday) as I'm taking a little trip to Memphis y'all. I'll be back on Monday with Julie and Jonathan's North End engagement pictures and then later in the week it'll be time for Helen and Matt's wedding at Glen Magna Farms. Thank you and goodnight.

Elvis has left the building.

No comments